BECOME A MEMBER
Senator Sehar Kamran
- Member of the Senate Standing Committee on Defence.
- Member of the Senate Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs.
- Member of the Senate Standing Committee on Overseas Pakistanis.
- Member of the Senate Functional Committee on Human Rights.
- Member of the Parliamentry Working Group on Arms Trade Treaty.
- President, Centre for Pakistan and Gulf Studies (CPGS), a non-partisan Research Institute on Global Security, Geopolitics, Peace Building & Conflict Resolution (www.cpakgulf.org).
- Member, International Institute of Strategic Studies (IISS).
- Member, King Faisal Research Center (Riyadh-Saudi Arabia).
- Member, Middle East Strategic Insitute (Jeddah-Saudi Arabia).
- Head, British Curriculmn Education Insitute, Saudi Arabia.
- Coordinator, Pakistani Women Association, Saudi Arabia.
- Member, Pakistan Kashmir Committee, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Member, British Buisness Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- President, People Party Overseas Human Rights Committee, Saudi Arabia.
- President, Peoples Student Federation, University of Karachi, Pakistan.
An elected member of the Upper House of the Parliament of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for the term 2012-2018, Senator Sehran Kamran is currently serving on the Senate Standing Committee on Defense, the Senate Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, the Functional Committee on Human Rights and the Senate Standing Committee on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Development.
Senator Kamran is a distinguished educationist and philanthropist with an experience of over seventeen years in the field of education. She has earned a name for herself among academicians and practitioners in the fields of regional and international defense and strategic studies. In recognition of her services to education and social work, and for promoting Pakistan in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Senator Kamran has been awarded one of the highest National Civil Awards of Pakistan, “Tamgha-e-Imtiaz” (Medal of Excellence).
Her political career started in 1984 when she was a student leader and office-bearer of the People’s Student Federation (PSF). She continued her political struggle from the platform of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and has been elected Senator from the Sindh Province.
In 2012, Senator Kamran established the Centre for Pakistan and Gulf Studies (CPGS), a research institute, with a vision to contribute to regional and international peace, harmony and security through sustainable intellectual discourse on all matters which have an impact on lives of inhabitants of this region and the world at large. She also leads the standing committee of the Alumni Association of National Security Workshop (AAN) and is a member of the International Institute of Strategic Studies (IISS) and the Middle East Centre for Strategic Studies (MeSc).
Senator Kamran has been an eminent speaker at various national and international platforms, for social, educational and defense-related issues, and has actively participated in a number of national, regional and international conferences, seminars and workshops.
Her recent publications include “Rejuvenating FATA: Education as an Instrument of Change”, in Evolving Dynamics of FATA: Reflections on Transformation, by Noel. I. Khokhar, Sehar Kamran, Mansoor Ahmed Abbasi and Ghani Jafar (ed.), National Defence University and Centre for Pakistan and Gulf Studies: from September 2014; and a report on “Pakistan and the Gulf Region: Historical Perspective and Future Trends”, CPGS, from August 2013.