BECOME A MEMBER
Senator Claire Moore
- Shadow Minister for Women,
- Shadow Minister for Carers,
- Shadow Minister for Communities,
- Manager of Opposition Business (Senate).
- Chair of the Community Affairs-Legislation Committee,
- Deputy Chair of the Community Affairs - References Committee,
- Chair of the Parliamentary Group on Population Development,
- Member: Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs Defence & Trade,
- Member: Senate Standing Committee on Regulations and Ordinances.
Claire Moore has been a Senator for Queensland since 2002 and is currently serving as Shadow Minister for Women, Shadow Minister for Carers, Shadow Minister for Communities, and Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate.
Before entering federal Parliament, Claire Moore worked in the Department of Aboriginal Affairs and transferred to the Department of Social Security (DSS) in 1980. In 1994 Ms Moore was elected the Branch Secretary of the Community and Public Sector Union, a position she held until elected to the Senate in 2001.
Claire Moore has always played an active role in community groups such as Australians for Native Title and Reconciliation (ANTAR). She was a founding member of both the Australian Workers Heritage Centre and Emily's List. Ms Moore has been a member of Friends of ABC since 1988 and is a member of the Australian Republican Movement. Ms Moore is a proud unionist whose activism extended beyond her Secretaryship of the CPSU. From 1996-2001 she was Vice-President, Chair of the Women's Committee and Chair of the Arts Committee of the Queensland Council of Unions. She is also a keen member and supporter for APHEDA, the trade union overseas aid program.