BECOME A MEMBER
Ms. Niki Tzavela
Member of European Parliament from 2009-2014
- Vice-Chair of the Delegation for relations with the United States of America,
- Member of the Delegation for relations with Israel,
- Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy,
- Substitute of the Committee on Development Substitute of the Committee on Transport and Tourism,
- Substitute of the Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee,
- Substitute of the Delegation to the EU-Kazakhstan, EU-Kyrgyzstan and EU-Uzbekistan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees, and for relations with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia,
- Substitute of the Delegation for relations with Iran,
- Substitute of the Delegation for relations with the People's Republic of China,
- Substitute of the Delegation for relations with India
Niki Tzavela served in the European Parliament from 2009 to 2014 where she was Vice-Chairwoman of the delegation for relations with the United States, Vice-Chairwoman of the EFD Group, Coordinator of the ITRE Committee, and a full member on the Joint Parliamentary Committee for relations with Turkey.
Before becoming a MEP, Ms. Tzavela was the head of the Greek Manpower Employment Organisation (OAED) and a Member of the Greek Parliament (1993-96). She was also Vice-Chairwoman of the Foundation for the Rehabilitation of Albanians of Greek Descent, Vice-Chairwoman of the Intracom Telecom Company and Vice-Chairwoman of the Athens Olympic Games Organising Committee (OEOA). Until 2009, she was a member of the Dean´s Council of the Kennedy School of Government of the Harvard University and Vice Chairwoman of the Kokkalis Foundation.
Ms. Tzavela is currently serving on the board of directors of the Arab International Women's Forum.
She holds a B.S. in Industrial Psychology from Howard University in Washington DC and a G.B. Masters of Science in Labour Economics from Leeds Technical University. She is an Eisenhower, Adenauer and American Field Service Fellow.