BECOME A MEMBER
Mrs. Rebecca Harms MEP
- Member of the Conference of Presidents
- Member of the Delegation to the EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- Member of the Delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly
- Substitute Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Substitute Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- Substitute Member of the Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
Rebecca Harms was born in 1956. Fighting against nuclear power has always been important to her private and political life. A gardener by profession, Rebecca Harms was one of the cofounders of a citizen's group combating the nuclear waste disposal in Gorleben (Germany). For several years she was chairperson for this group. In 1984, when her friend and combatant from the German district Wendland, Undine von Blottnitz, was elected member of European Parliament, Rebecca Harms became her parliamentary assistant. Together, they discovered both Europe and the Green Party. Also being a member of the "Wendländische Filmcooperative" (film cooperative of the Wendland), Rebecca Harms contributed to plenty of documentaries. In 1994 she was elected to the regional parliament in Lower Saxony, where she was elected chairperson of the green parliamentary group in 1998. Since 1998 she is a member of the party council of Bündnis 90/Die Grünen.
In 2004 Rebecca became member of the European Parliament where she has been the president of the Greens/EFA since 2009.