BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Roderich Kiesewetter MP
- Spokesperson for the Foreign Affairs Committee
- Spokesperson for the Committee of Inquiry on the NSA Affair
- Substitute Member of the Defense Committee
- Substitute Member of the Committee on Civil Crisis Prevention, Conflict Management and Cross-linked Action
- Substitute Member of the Subcommittee on Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation
Chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly - Union for Mediterranean (PA-UfM)
- Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation,
- Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs,
- Member of the Subcommittee on Civil Crisis Prevention,
- Member of the Committee on European Affairs.
Born in 1963 in Pfullendorf, Mr. Kiesewetter studied economics in Munich and Austin, Texas, and underwent general staff officers’ training at the Bundeswehr Command and Staff College from 1995 to 1997. His professional career has involved various command and staff positions, including at the EU Council in Brussels, NATO HQ in Brussels and Mons, the German Federal Ministry of Defense, the position of battalion commander, and several operations abroad. From 2006 onwards he served as head of the Chief of Staff’s office (Executive Offices) at NATO Headquarters in Mons.
In 2009, he was elected to the 17th German Bundestag. Until 2013, he was serving as Deputy Chairman of the Subcommittee on Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation and serves as member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Committee on Affairs of the European Union as well as the Subcommittee on Civil Crisis Prevention and Integrated Conflict Management. Mr. Kiesewetter was also spokesman on Disarmament Arms Control and Non-Proliferation of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group in the Bundestag. He was re-elected in 2013 and is currently serving as the spokesperson of the foreign affairs committee as well as of the committee of inquiry on the NSA affair.
Roderich Kiesewetter holds the position of Head of the German delegation to the Euro-Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly (EMPA) and is Deputy President of the German Armed Forces Reservists' Association.