BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Richard Howitt MEP
- Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member of the Subcommittee on Human Rights
- Substitute Member of the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs
- Substitute Member of the Subcommittee on Security and Defense
- President of the All-Party Disability Intergroup at the European Parliament
- Labour's European Disability Rights Spokesperson
Mr. Howitt has been a Labour Member of the European Parliament for the East of England since 1994. He is currently serving on the Committee on Foreign Affairs and on the Subcommittee on Human Rights.
Richard Howitt MEP is a veteran Election Observer, having worked on elections in Angola, Afghanistan, the Palestinian territories, in the former Yugoslavia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo and in Sierra Leone.
He was a member of the EU-ACP Joint Parliamentary Assembly and Parliament's Development Committee for nine years, regularly campaigns to raise awareness of Fair Trade issues, and has written a number of parliamentary reports on Europe's relations with developing countries.