BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Raül Romeva i Rueda
- 2009-2014 Member of the European Parliament:
- Committee on Fisheries
- Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality
- Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America
- Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly
- 2009-2014 Substitute member in the European Parliament:
- Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee
- Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean
- 1996-1997 OSCE election observer in Bosnia-Herzegovina
Mr. Romeva is a politician from Barcelona, Spain, and was Member of the European Parliament from 2004 to 2014 for ICV – Iniciativa per Catalunya Verds, part of the European Greens. During his second term, he served on the European Parliament's Committees on Fisheries, on Women's Rights and Gender Equality and on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
Mr. Romeva holds a graduate degree in Economics and a PhD in International Relations. He has worked with the UN, amongst others as a research analyst in armed conflict and post-war rehabilitation and as a consultant on post-war rehabilitation and disarmament. Mr. Romeva has published several books on armed conflicts and peace building.