BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Michael Gahler MEP
- Member of the Subcommittee on Security and Defense
- Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Substitute of the Committee on Transport and Tourism
- Chairman of the delegation for the relations with the Pan-African Parliament
- EPP Speaker on Security and Defense
Michael Gahler has been a member of the European Parliament since 1999 and is currently (2014-2019) serving as Vice-Chairman of the Subcommittee on Security and Defense and Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
Mr. Gahler studied law in Germany, with further studies in France and Belgium. He joined the diplomatic school of the foreign office (1990-1991), after which he spent two years as desk officer in the department of ‘International Environmental Politics’. From 1993 to 1995, he was assistant in the international office of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU). Between 1995 and 1999, again with the German Foreign Office, he was desk officer for the Baltic States and the Council of the Baltic Sea States.