BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Johannes Pflug
- Chair of the German-Chinese Parliamentary Group,
- Vice Chair of the German-Korean Parliamentary Group,
- Member of the German-Indian, German-Australian-New Zealand and German-South Asian Parliamentary Group,
- Chair of the Assembly of the West European Union,
- Member of the Assembly of the Council of Europe,
- Member of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly,
- Member of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly.
Johannes Pflug is a German politician and has been a member of the Bundestag from 1998 to 2013. Mr. Pflug served on the Committee on Foreign Affairs from 2009 to 2013. At the same time, he was Deputy speaker for Foreign Affairs of the SPD parliamentary group of the German Bundestag and Head of the SPD parliamentary group “Task Force Afghanistan/Pakistan”.
Johannes Pflug joined the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) in 1965. He has been a member of Duisburg city council and Hamborn borough council (1975-1979), of the Land Parliament of North-Rhine/Westphalia (1980-1998), Chairman of SPD subdistrict branch (1990-2006) and Vice-Chairman of SPD regional branch Niederrhein (1994-1998). Moreover, he has been a member of the Party Federal Council since 1996 and a member of the Party Executive’s Commission on International Policy since 2003.
Mr. Pflug has a long-standing interest in Asia and was serving as the Chairman of the German-Chinese Parliamentary Friendship Group, Deputy Chairman of the German-Korean Parliamentary Friendship Group, and member of the German-Indian Parliamentary Friendship Group and the parliamentary friendship groups for relations with the states of South Asia.
Mr. Pflug was also a member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Head of German Delegation to the Interparliamentary Conference of Common Foreign and Security Policy and the Common Security and Defense Policy and member of the Parliamentary Assembly of NATO.