BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Ernest Urtasun MEP
- Member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Member of the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality
- Member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America
- Member of the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly
- Sustitute Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
Ernest Urtasun is a member of the European Parliament for the Spanish Initiative for Catalonia Greens party. Prior to his election in 2014, Ernest served as Diplomatic Adviser to the Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean, an international organization based in Barcelona.
Ernest was adviser to Raul Romeva from 2004 to 2008. In 2007 he took on the responsibility of Head of International Relations of Iniciativa per Catalunya Verds (ICV), where he coordinated, together with Jordi Guillot, the ICV's admission to the European Green Party. He was Vice- President of the Catalan Council of the European Movement and in 2009 he ran again for the European Parliament. He was also spokesperson of the Federation of Young European Greens and a member of the Bureau of the European Youth Forum, representing the organization to the Copenhagen Climate Summit in 2009. In 2010, he entered the Spanish Diplomatic Service, where he developed different responsibilities at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
Ernest was born on the January 17, 1982 and has a degree in Economics and a post-graduate in International Relations.