BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Elmar Brok MEP
- Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member of the Conference of Committee Chairs
- Member of the Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- Substitute Member of the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs
- Member of the EPP bureau and EPP foreign affairs coordinator;
- Member of the CDU federal party executive (since 2004);
- Chairman of the Federal Committee on Foreign, Security and European Policy (since 1989);
- Member of Spinelly Group;
- Chairman of European Endowment for Democracy;
- President of the European Union of Christian Democratic Workers (EUCDW).
Elmar Brok is a Member of the European Parliament for the German Christian Democratic Party (CDU). He has been in office since 1980 and is currently serving as Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and member of the Committee on Constitutional Affairs Committee.
Mr. Brok is the foreign affairs co-ordinator of the European People's Party (EPP) and member of the EPP-bureau. He was the Parliament's main rapporteur on enlargement and rapporteur for the EU's enlargement strategy and the European Diplomatic Action Service. During the intergovernmental conferences on the Lisbon Treaty as well as for the Treaty of Amsterdam, the Treaty of Nice and the EU Constitution, he was the European Parliament's representative.