BECOME A MEMBER
Mr. Azay Guliyev MP
- Member of the Permanent Committee on State Building and Legislative Policy of the Parliament of Azerbaijan
- Member of the Delegation of Azerbaijan in the Parliamentary Assembly of OSCE
- Head of Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-parliamentary Working Group
- Member of Azerbaijan- Czech Republic, Azerbaijan-Estonia, Azerbaijan-Turkey, Azerbaijan-France, Azerbaijan-Slovenia, Azerbaijan- Switzerland and Azerbaijan-Georgia Inter-parliamentary Working Groups
- Deputy Chairman of Committee for Social issues, Education and Civil Society of the EURONEST Parliament Assembly
- Vice-Chair of General Committee on Political Affairs and Security of OSCE PA
- Chairman of the Council on State Support to NGO’s under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- President of the BSEC (Black Sea) NGO Forum
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Fund on Social Development of Internally Displaced People under the auspices of the Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan
- Member of the Pardoning Commission under the auspices of the President of Azerbaijan
- Member of the State Commission working with Hostages, Missing Persons and War Prisoners
Mr. Guliyev is a twice-elected member of the Azerbaijan National Parliament, where he has served since 2005. In the Parliament, he is a member of the Permanent Committee on State Building and Legislative Policy and the following inter-parliamentary working groups: Azerbaijan-Czech Republic, Azerbaijan-Estonia, and Azerbaijan-Turkey. Additionally, he is the Head of the Task Group on Azerbaijan-Romania inter-parliamentary relations.
In the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, Mr. Guliyev serves as the Deputy Chairman of the Committee for Social Issues, Education and Civil Society of the Euronest.
In July 2013, he was elected Vice-Chair of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly's Committee on Political Affairs and Security.
Since 2008, Mr. Guliyev has been the Chairman of the Council on State Support to NGOs, under the auspices of the President of Azerbaijan. He also currently serves as a member of the Pardoning Commission, the Council on Entrepreneurs, the Supervisory Board of the Fund on Social Development of Internally Displaced People, and the State Commission working with Hostages, Missing Persons and War Prisoners.
Before becoming a parliamentarian, Mr. Guliyev worked as the Assistant to the Chancellor of the Azerbaijan Social Management and Political Sciences Institute and acted as a Civil Society expert for GTZ. He also served as a president of the Forum of National NGOs for 10 years. He holds a degree from the Faculty of History, Baku State University. Mr. Guliyev is married with three children.