BECOME A MEMBER
H.E. Dr. Hazim El-Naser
Minister of Water and Irrigation and Minister of Agriculture
- 2010-2013: Water resources advisor for many international organizations and companies in Jordan, Europe and USA
- 2007-2009: Member of the Jordan House of Representatives (The Parliament)
- 2005-2007: Consultant/team leader for water and environmental studies for Iraq
- 2003 – 2004: Minister of Water and Irrigation and Minister of Agriculture
- 2001 – 2005: Minister of Water and Irrigation of Jordan
- 1999-2001: Secretary General to the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI)
- 1999-2005: Chairman or member of board of directors of important organizations e.g. Water Authority of Jordan, Jordan Valley Authority, Agriculture Credit Corporation, and Arab Organization for Agriculture Development, Jordan Phosphate Company, and Aqaba Water Company
- 1997-1999: Assistant Secretary General to the Technical Affairs /MWI
Dr. Hazim El-Naser started his career as a civil servant with the Ministry of Water and Irrigation of Jordan (MWI) in 1991. From 2001 to 2005, he was Minister of Water and Irrigation and from 2003 to 2004, he also served as Minister of Agriculture. In 2013, he was again appointed Minister of Water and Irrigation and Minister of Agriculture.
Between 2005 and 2007, Dr. El-Naser worked as a water and irrigation consultant for several major international development agencies working on development projects in Palestine and Iraq.
An expert on water resource management and environmental economics, Dr. El-Naser has more than 60 publications in international journals on water, the environment and agriculture infrastructure. Dr. El-Naser holds several honorary distinctions from Jordan and France.