BECOME A MEMBER
Rwanda, 20 Years on - Healing the Scars of Genocide
Peacebuilding organisation International Alert is inviting to the ninth in a series of Peace Talks: "Rwanda, 20 Years on: Healing the Scars of Genocide", on Monday April 28, 2014 at 18:30 at The Geological Society, Piccadilly, London.
As the world remembers the 20-year anniversary of the genocide in Rwanda, the people of the country are gradually piecing their lives together, even though deep-rooted trauma still haunts many. This event will explore how a country like Rwanda can move on from the devastation of a conflict and look towards a better future.
- Gloriosa Bazigaga, Rwanda Country Manager, International Alert
- Rt Hon Lord Jack McConnell, Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on the African Great Lakes Region
- His Excellency Williams Nkurunziza, High Commissioner of Rwanda to the United Kingdom
- Dr Ian Palmer, Professor of military psychiatry; served operationally in Rwanda in 1994
- Dan Smith (Chair), Secretary General, International Alert
The panel will take the form of a free-flowing discussion and will be accompanied by a short film screening and photo exhibition on Rwanda.
The event is free to attend and will be followed by drinks and refreshments.
To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 22 April.
Photo by Sparky the Neon Cat.