BECOME A MEMBER
Round Table Debate: Security Architecture in Europe and Russia
PN Member Knut Fleckenstein MEP will share his view on the "Security Architecture in Europe and Russia: Challenges and perspectives for cooperation in the common Eurasian area", a round table debate to be held at the European Parliament in Brussels on 14 May, 12:30h – 14:15h and hosted by Maria Eleni Koppa, MEP.
Despite all existing channels of cooperation, the perceptions and assessments of most security issues in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus fundamentally differ between EU, NATO and the Russian Federation. In this context, the aim of this round table debate is to identify common interests and if there are potentials for common and comprehensive approaches.
Particularly, the meeting will focus on the different perceptions and interests in the Eurasian/Caucasian region and how both sides could contribute to resolve pending conflicts. In order to do so, the discussion will gather representatives from the European Union, NATO and the Russian Federation as well as from the academia in order to facilitate an exchange among those stakeholders and also deliver substantial scientific input to the debate.
Speakers will include:
- Vitaly V. Naumkin, Director of the Institute for Oriental Studies – Moscow
- Ambassador Vladimir A. Chizov, Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation
- Knut Fleckenstein MEP, Chair of the Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- Michael Pulch (tbc), Head of Division – European External Action Service
- Radoslava Stefanova, Head, Russia and Ukraine Relations Section, Political Affairs and Security Policy Division - NATO
For any information regarding this event please contact the ESRT Event Coordinator Andreas Berding: +32 (0) 2 640 63 92 / Andreas.Berding@security-round-table.eu.
Photo by MY2200.